Would you like to study in a multicultural and multilingual country in the heart of Europe? Are you planning to study in Luxembourg? Not only is there a diverse selection of higher education institutions in the country, but the cultural and social environment will make you enjoy your student life to the fullest.
The University of Luxembourg, known the world over for its multilingualism, its international outlook and its research programmes, welcomes a good number of students both from the Grand Duchy and abroad. In addition, accredited private foreign higher education institutions offer a wide range of courses and degrees for all needs.
The University of Luxembourg
The University's teaching features the availability of an abundance of high-quality programmes. Welcome to the University of Luxembourg. Created in 2003, it is the only public university in the Grand Duchy. It consists of three faculties:
- Faculty of Science, Technology and Medicine (FSTM);
- the Faculty of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences (FHSE);
- the Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance (FDEF).
By participating in the U-Multirank, Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) and Times Higher Education (THE) rankings, where it obtains excellent scores in terms of international prospects and ranks 12th in the Young Universities Ranking of universities under 50, the University of Luxembourg has made its reputation.
A European university
The University of Luxembourg is European through and through: located at the heart of the European Union, it is by nature multilingual and international (50% of students are from outside the Grand Duchy). The programmes are either bi- or trilingual ( French, German, English) or entirely held in English. Moreover, some bachelor and master programmes are bi- or even tri-national, involving neighbouring countries.
The popularity of the fledgling university is based on research - especially in its priority research areas of materials science, computer science and computer security, European and international law, finance and financial innovation, education and digital and contemporary history. The transdisciplinary themes of health and systems biomedicine as well as data modelling and simulation are also specialities of the university. Moreover, close collaboration with the country's financial institutions and companies enables students to immerse themselves in the professional sector from the very beginning of their studies.
Établissements d’enseignement supérieur étrangers privés
Apart from the University of Luxembourg, there are also private foreign specialised higher education institutions in the country:
- Lunex University specialises in sports, motor skills and physiotherapy. Located in Differdange, the specialised higher education institution offers various study programmes at bachelor and master level in physiotherapy and in the field of sports.
- The Luxembourg School of Business (LSB), which is AACSB accredited, offers a ' Weekend MBA' (Master of Business Administration) mainly for people who wish to acquire their qualification over a two-year period while at the same time working full-time.
Institutions awarding foreign diplomas
- The Sacred Heart University Luxembourg, which is also AACSB accredited, is an American university that specialises in business and management. It operates in close collaboration with a range of Luxembourgish businesses.
- The Miami University Dolibois European Center (MUDEC) makes it possible for American and international students to study in the heart of Europe and maintain academic and socio-cultural links with the Grand Duchy and Europe.