Financial aid How to finance your studies

In Luxembourg, like everywhere else, studying has its price: Enrollment fees, accommodation costs, expenses of study material... 

Scholarships and financial aid

Various grants and financial assistance are available, depending on your personal situation.

International students admitted to the University of Luxembourg can take advantage of certain state-funded scholarship options, including scholarships for deserving students and financial aid for students in precarious situations. These scholarships are managed directly by the University. Further information can be obtained from the Service des Etudes et de la Vie Etudiante.

Financial aid from the Luxembourg State granted by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research is intended for resident students as well as non-resident students who are workers or children of workers in Luxembourg.

For more information

Private scholarships are offered in specialised fields of study or according to the results obtained.

For more information

Finally, several tools aim to support researchers.

For more details  :

Financial aid for research

There are several tools which  aim to support researchers. Thus, the individual  AFR programme  implemented by the  National Research Fund (FNR)  is aimed both at  researchers applying for a doctorate  in the Grand Duchy and at Luxembourg residents wishing to apply for a doctorate abroad.  Mobility grants  are also offered to researchers working in the Grand Duchy as well as to those wishing to come and work in Luxembourg via the FNR's InterMobility programme or via the Marie Slodowska Curie actions  :

Other bursaries

Private scholarships are also available in  specialised fields of study ,  depending on the results obtained.

Furthermore, students residing in certain municipalities can be  granted awards by local  authorities according to their performances.

The EU-funded  Erasmus+ programme enables students enrolled at the University of Luxembourg to complete up to 12 months of study or internship (per study cycle) at another institution in Europe and beyond. For more information, check with your higher education institution. 

Last update