With regard to the entry and residence of foreigners in Luxembourg, the situation differs depending on whether
- you are a European Union citizen;
- you are a third-country national;
- you are staying for less than 3 months;
- you are staying for more than 3 months;
Information, administrative procedures and forms
- On the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg ('Visas/Immigration' page), you will find detailed information on the conditions for entry and residence, administrative procedures and forms.
- guichet.lu, the administrative guide of the Luxembourg state, describes in detail the administrative procedures regarding entry to and residence in Luxembourg.
Contact details for diplomatic and consular missions
For all matters concerning required identity documents, go to the Luxembourg embassy in your country or, if applicable, to the diplomatic representatives of Belgium in your country of residence.
Contact details for diplomatic and consular missions of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg abroad are available on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.