During the summer months, many special activities are organized for children:
- 'Aktioun Bambësch': holiday activities for kids between the ages of 5 and 17 years living in Luxembourg City;
- 'Summerakademie': summer school organised by the European Circle for the Proliferation of Art (Cercle Européen pour la Propagation des Arts, CEPA), offering art classes for children;
- 'SDS Sportswochen' (sport weeks): sports camps for young people aged 11 to 17 years;
- holiday workshops at the Casino Luxembourg — Forum for contemporary art (Casino Luxembourg — Forum d’art contemporain): themed workshops during school holidays to promote children's interest in contemporary art creation and to encourage them to complete their own artistic projects (for 6- to 12-year-olds);
- Holiday workshops at the National Museum of History and Art (Musée national d’histoire et d’art, MNHA);
Many municipalities and/or their day-care centres (maisons relais) organise activities during the summer holidays;
Several towns, including Hesperange and Diekirch, create a temporary beach, while others, such as Esch/Belval and Luxembourg City (Merl Park) set up trampolines.
Luxembourg City also offers a programme of sports activities at the Kinnekswiss in the municipal park.
The website at www.colonies.lu gives details of all the holiday camps for children and young people in the Grand Duchy.