Student jobs enable young people to gain some initial practical experience on the employment market and earn some money to fund their future projects. Youth internships are intended to provide students with some experience in the field and an opportunity to put into practice the knowledge acquired during their more theory-based studies. The platforms at jobs.youth.lu and stages.youth.lu provide advice and information on supply and demand for opportunities.
The jobs.youth.lu platform
jobs.youth.lu is a platform for posting supply and demand for student jobs. The website is directed at both students and employers; it answers the following questions:
- Who is allowed to have a student job?
- When and for how long each year is a student allowed to work?
- What kind of work can students do?
Another way to find a student job is to contact a business or a municipal or public authority directly.
The stages.youth.lu platform
stages.youth.lu website is a platform for posting supply and demand for student internships. The website is directed at both students and employers; it answers the following questions:
- Who is allowed to work as an intern?
- When and for how long each year is an intern allowed to work?
- What are the rights and obligations in respect of internships?
- What are the different types of internship contracts?
- Do interns have to be affiliated to the social security scheme?
The website also provides information on the internship contract and the internship agreement. Internships may be paid or unpaid.
The Job4students portal
The Job4students portal of the University of Luxembourg provides a link between university students looking for a student job, internship or employment, and companies which are interested in student profiles and offer employment, internships and jobs.
This double entry portal for both students and businesses is completely free of charge. Students can create an account, put their CV online, and have direct access to businesses' offers of jobs and internships. Businesses can also create an account, post their offers, and consult student profiles.