Entering and staying in Luxembourg

Students from European Union countries

Students from a country in the European Union or the European Economic Area (EEA) do not need an authorisation to stay (autorisation de séjour) or a visa.

Non-EU students

Before coming to the Grand Duchy, students from outside the EU must follow certain procedures. On arrival in Luxembourg, they are required to apply for a residence permit (titre de séjour) for non-EU students.

  • Updated 26-07-2018