Do you consider studying in Luxembourg? Not only is there a diverse selection of higher education institutions in the country, but the cultural and social environment will make you enjoy your student life to the fullest. The University of Luxembourg, globally renowned for being multilingual, international and research driven, welcomes many national and international students. Furthermore, a range of private and international universities offer a wide choice of diplomas and programs for every need.
The University of Luxembourg
The university stands out because of the amount and quality of the different available programmes. Founded only 15 years ago, it is the only public university in Luxembourg. It has three faculties across the country:
- The Faculty of Science, Technology and Communication in Luxembourg-Kirchberg;
- the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education in Esch-Belval;
- the Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance, including the Luxembourg School of Finance, situated in Luxembourg-Limpertsberg.
Leading the Times Higher Education(THE) and U-Multirank rankings in terms of internationality, the university of Luxembourg is acquiring a worldwide reputation.
An European university
The University of Luxembourg embodies the European idea: Situated in the heart of the European Union, it is a multilingual and international institution(53% of international students). The programmes are either bilingual or trilingual (French, German, English) or entirely held in English. Moreover, some bachelor and master programs are of bi- or even tri-national disposition.
Research, especially in IT, biomedicine, European law and science of education, is approached in a very interdisciplinary manner and is a main focus of the young university, contributing to its popularity. Adding to it, the collaboration with a variety of financial institutions and businesses facilitates the students' transition into the professional world.
Private and international universities
Apart from the University of Luxembourg there are also a wide range of private and international universities in the country:
- The Luxembourg School of Business(LSB), accredited AACSB, offers a"Weekend-MBA"(Master of Business Administration) designed specifically for full-time working professionals who can obtain their diploma after two years while they keep on working.
- The Sacred Heart University Luxembourg, also accredited AACSB, is an US American university specialised in business and management. It tightly collaborates with a range of Luxembourgish businesses.
The Lunex University is specialised in sport, motricity, therapy and preventive medicine. Located in Differdange, it offers bachelor and master courses in physical therapy and sport management which are recognised on an European scale.
TheMiami University Dolibois European Center(MUDEC) allows American and international students to study in the heart of Europe and form academic and social bonds with Europe and Luxembourg.
TheBBI School for International Hospitality and Tourism Managementin Wiltz is a private school for hospitality management and tourism. Both the bachelor and master programme are in English.
Long distance studying
For those wishing to study long distance, there are a variety of institutions offering correspondence courses. Amongst others:
- The Open University Luxembourg, established through a cooperation between the Chamber of Employees and the British Open University, has bachelor and master programmes in English. Most popular are the administration and IT management programmes.