In the Grand Duchy, the duration of annual leave consists of 25 workdays per year, regardless of the age of the employee. However, a collective convention or an individual agreement between employer and employee may allow a higher number of days of annual leave. Added to the annual holidays are ten statutory public holidays per year.
Here are the dates for 2018:
- New Year's Day: 1 January (Monday);
- Easter Monday: 2 April;
- May Day - Labour Day: 1 May (Tuesday);
- Ascension: 10 May (Thursday);
- Whit Monday: 21 May;
- National Day: 23 June (Saturday);
- Assumption: 15 August (Wednesday);
- All Saints' Day: 1 November (Thursday)
- Christmas Day: 25 December (Tuesday);
- Boxing Day: 26 December (Wednesday).
(Article written by the editorial team of the portal www.luxembourg.lu/ Source: www.itm.lu)