Here is a selection of traditional festive winter recipes for you to enjoy with your friends and family. Whether your preference is for sweet or savoury, let yourself be tempted by these spicy dishes, sure to delight any foodie.
The ever-present mulled wine, star of Christmas markets
What a pleasure it is to enjoy a good mulled wine in the fairytale atmosphere of the end-of-year festivities.
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 500ml water
- 50g brown sugar
- lemon peel (quantity to your taste)
- orange peel (quantity to your taste)
- 1 or 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5g ground ginger
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 cloves
- 2 pieces star anise
- 1 or 2 vanilla pods
1. Pour the red wine into a large saucepan.
2. Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
3. Heat to simmering point.
4. Reduce the heat and cover the pan.
5. Leave to simmer very gently for one hour.
6. Off the heat, add sugar to taste.
7. Slice the remaining orange and lemon, and either use them to decorate the glasses or place them directly in the mulled wine.
(article written by the editorial team of the portal luxembourg.lu)