Here is a selection of traditional festive winter recipes for you to enjoy with your friends and family. Whether your preference is for sweet or savoury, let yourself be tempted by these spicy dishes, sure to delight any foodie.
The recipe for the well-known Gromperekichelcher in ten steps.
An easy, quick recipe the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 kg potatoes
- 3 fresh onions
- 2 fresh shallots
- Fresh parsley
- 4 eggs
- 2 soupspoons of flour
- Oil (for deep-frying)
1. Wash, peel and grate the potatoes.
2. Dry the grated potatoes by rolling it in a clean, dry tea-towel.
3. Chop the parsley, shallots and onions.
4. Mix together the potatoes, parsley, shallots and onions.
5. Add the beaten eggs.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Add the flour and mix well.
8. Heat the oil in a fryer or a large deep saucepan.
9. Shape the preparation into flat cakes about 8 to 10 cm in diameter on a tray covered with baking paper.
10. Cook the cakes in the hot oil, a few at a time, until they are golden brown.
Repeat as often as necessary until all the cakes are cooked, and enjoy them, perhaps accompanied by a glass of mulled wine!
Forks at the ready!
(Article written by the editorial team of the portal at 'luxembourg.lu')