Here is a selection of traditional festive winter recipes for you to enjoy with your friends and family. Whether your preference is for sweet or savoury, let yourself be tempted by these spicy dishes, sure to delight any foodie.
Boxemännercher - mannikin-shaped brioche buns
This soft and tasty brioche bun, the most typical of our Christmas baked goods, takes us back to our childhood memories.
- 500g flour
- 20g yeast
- 2 soupspoons sugar
- 250ml lukewarm milk
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 100g softened butter
- Chocolate chips (optional)
1. Sift the flour into a large bowl.
2. Form a well in the centre and add the yeast.
3. Add 1 soupspoon sugar and 20ml lukewarm milk.
4. Mix well.
5. Cover and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
6. In another bowl, beat the eggs with 1 soupspoon sugar.
7. Add the egg and sugar mixture to the dough.
8. Then add the remaining milk, butter, and salt.
9. Mix well and knead the dough.
10. Leave to rise for 20 minutes.
11. Then knead the dough for 1 or 2 minutes.
12. Shape into mannikins and place on a non-stick baking sheet.
12 a. At this stage, you can add chocolate chips to give the mannikin a face and coat buttons.
13. Leave to rise again for 20 minutes.
14. Pre-heat the oven to 180 - 200°C.
15. Brush the mannikins with beaten egg.
16. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
Leave the Boxemännercher to cool before enjoying them, perhaps with a hot chocolate drink!
(article written by the editorial team of the portal luxembourg.lu)