In the Grand Duchy, the duration of annual leave consists of 25 workdays per year, regardless of the age of the employee. However, a collective convention or an individual agreement between employer and employee may allow a higher number of days of annual leave. Added to the annual holidays are ten statutory public holidays per year.
Here are the dates for 2017:
- New Year's Day: 1 January 2017 (Sunday);
- Easter Monday: 17 April 2017;
- Labour Day: 1 May 2017 (Monday);
- Ascension: 25 May 2017 (Thursday);
- Whit Monday: 5 June 2017;
- 'Fête nationale' national day: 23 June 2017 (Friday);
- Assumption: 15 August 2017 (Tuesday);
- All Saints' Day ('Toussaint'): 1 November 2017 (Wednesday);
- Christmas Day: 25 December 2017 (Monday);
- Boxing Day (St Stephen's Day): 26 December 2017 (Tuesday).
(Article written by the editorial team of the portal www.luxembourg.lu)