Statec (National Institute for Statistics and Economic Surveys in Luxembourg) has published the list of the main employers in Luxembourg.
The list is based on the total count on 1 January 2016, based on a non-mandatory annual survey of companies and groups of companies located in Luxembourg and employing at least 90 people as of 1 January 2016.
It covers the activities of industry, construction, trade and most services activities.
The main employers in Luxembourg as of 1 January 2016 are:
- Group Post Luxembourg (4,230)
- Group ArcelorMittal (4,180)
- Group Cactus (4,150)
- Group CFL (4,060)
- BGL BNP Paribas (3,890)
- Group Dussman Luxembourg (3,450)
- Goodyear Dunlop Tires Operations SA (3,290)
- Group PricewaterhouseCoopers (2,570)
- Luxair SA (2,470)
- Fondation Hôpitaux Robert Schuman (2,240)
- Centre Hospitalier de Luxembourg (2,140)
- Group BIL (1,940)
- Centre Hospitalier Emile Mayrisch (1,930)
- Stëftung Hëllef Doheem Foundation (1,900)
- Sodexo Luxembourg SA (1,820)
- Public institution for centres, homes and services for the elderly (SERVIOR) (1,810)
- Banque et Caisse d'Epargne d'Etat (1,780)
- Group Deloitte in Luxembourg (1,740)
- Elisabeth, social housing for the mentally disabled, the mentally ill and substance abusers (1,680)
- Compass Group Luxembourg (1,600)
The number of staff (civil servants, employees and workers) of the Luxembourg State is 26,919 as of 1 January 2,016. A workforce of 3,949 was employed at the same time by the City of Luxembourg.
(Source: Statec press release)